Old 25 May 2009, 11:30 (Ref:2468706)   #17
helterskelter
Veteran

Guernsey
Italy
helterskelter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner View Post
Helterskelter: Equalization is there to make it possible that you have as many people fighting for the championship at the last race.

No, no no! definitely not! I don't want to see a driver that is clearly head and shoulders above all other drivers to still be unsure about the title at the last event. I want him to win it with a landslide.
Offcourse I would even more like to see very equal drivers to battle it out until the final round.
That's TC racing. The rules are designed to make the championship equal. If you don't want that, you have to remove the ballast system and just make the cars go out as they are.
Another example: what if we are, say, in Monza? The race winner has no slipstream while the guys battling for 6th or 7th have a great advantage in terms of laptimes. So the guy in front takes a 4s lead and goes on to win because he has the best car, but the guy who was battling for 6th made a whole lap using the slipstream of his opponent and lapped 0.5s quicker on one lap. The guy who won was clearly the quickest in the field, but the laps that go on to make the ballast system make him look as if he were 0.5s slower than the guy who came 6th and finished the race a few seconds behind him. Is that fair?