View Single Post
Old 3 Jun 2009, 10:00 (Ref:2474576)   #92
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by awrb View Post
It was Neal, and as much as I can't stand him, it wasn't really his fault, just a racing incident. The pack was close, Jelly moved across a bit, as may have Neal, and it just sent Jelly off. Vaulkhard didn't even have a gap against Gio, he just bounced over the kerbs and into him, so I'm glad he got a penalty. I think overall it was fairly clean.
Agreed, and I'm generally quite happy about the much stricter attitude by the race officials since the first weekend of this season. I can finally enjoy the great racing in BTCC again, instead of constantly getting irritated on lesser drivers sending the opposition off the track and getting away with it. And even if they would only punish half the deserving incidents, the knowledge for a driver that there might be a consequence for naughtyness tends to be enough to play it fair. The penalties certainly made a huge impact on the driving standards (since the first weekend) to what it used to be.

Quote:
I thought Neal was a bit out of order when Turkington took him in either race 2 or 3, Turkington lined him up for most of the lap, and then just managed to out break him into McLeans and slide down the inside without any contact. Then Neal just hit the back of Turkingtons car, and because of RWD he had to get off the throttle and lost time all down the back straight.
While Neals move was a bit unfair, for me Turkington deserved that move since got away unpunished in the same race with probably the ugliest move of the weekend. At the start of race 3 he just kept pushing Jones hard from the back until he went off into the gravel. If he at any time would have backed off the throttle, when already pushing Jones ahead of him, Jones wouldn't eventually have spun around and got trapped in the gravel.