Thread: Costs...
View Single Post
Old 30 Jun 2009, 15:33 (Ref:2493964)   #154
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
interesting posts i cannot find a confrontational argument with any of what has been posted
the spirraling costs part i feel refers to the tyres being of a price that is not cheap and has high wear rate so perhaps a change of supplier to a cheaper tyre with better wear rate is a step in the "right" direction or its taken further for this supplier to make a tyre that can run at least half a season before its either 1 second off the pace or worn out
testing hard to abolish but worth implemementing a 20 day rule stops young johnny rich kid running every week at the local track ( you cannot beat seat time) with new tyres etc

Engines- i think a " fixed price must sell your engine when asked rule" could stop these £4000 new engines coming on stream

I dont want to support " sell yr chassis rule" as i believe the owner driver has the right to spend 200 hours a month working on his car to win and another to sit on his ass watching TV to loose- why should this oaf have the right to get a good car for writing out a cheque

entry fees well that is also down to racers saying we have had enough/club saying to landowner his rental fee is too high

all other costs are wear n tear to suit the drivers own budget cannot be altered