View Single Post
Old 14 Aug 2009, 17:38 (Ref:2521479)   #21
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrutineer View Post
So you still havent shown me were it precludes the use of cross door bars, and all you highlighted was the mention of the rear engine and not the front engine.

And the cost of £85 was given by Al for a set of TRS belts,

In C (c) you are given the choice of horizontal bars or cross bars - I have cross bars and no horizontal bars.

In G 126 is says you need horitontal bars.

I have no horizontal bars viz I am in breach of regulation G 126.

OK, now G 115. If I had a front engined car, the positioning of the oil tank in the boot is not precluded by this regulation - do you agree?

If I have a rear engined car with a boot BEHIND the gearbox then this regulation DOES preclude me having an oil tank in the boot - do you agree?

Suffice it to say, that whether you think that an oil tank in the boot of a rear engined car, behind the gearbox, is fine, then you don't agree with the regulation.

If you agree with the regulation - that an oil tank cannot be in the boot of a rear engined car if the boot is behind the gearbox - then my question is, isn't that a nonsense? Why is it unsafe to have an oil tank in the boot of a rear engined car, but not in the boot of a front engined car?

Finally, what was in the email from the MSA about 5 point belts? You offered to appraise us of the contents (or so you said yesterday)