View Single Post
Old 16 Aug 2009, 23:11 (Ref:2522654)   #64
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I know that real changes are unlikely, but the schedule could use some shoring up in places, both in the calendar and geographically.

Portland has been refurbished, and the Northwest is somewhere that the ALMS should work on getting back into. I'm surprised there hasn't been something of a push, with Fernandez and Diaz racing, for an event south of the border. The middle of the US could also use something more. Perhaps Heartland Park or High Plains Raceway could be options.

As far as dates, the Le Mans gap should be tightened up some, especially if there's not going to be the test two weeks ahead of the big event. If Lime Rock is to stay moved ahead, maybe doubling with IndyCar at the Glen is an idea for 4th of July festivities. Even crazier, but something that could be great, would be talking to Michaelian (I think that's his last name) about Cleveland. Also, there should eventually be at least one more event before Le Mans. And I wouldn't think it too out there to have a race ahead of Sebring. It might help exposure to get the season rolling sooner once again.