View Single Post
Old 18 Aug 2009, 17:59 (Ref:2523841)   #187
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now that really is disappointing to read! Quote John Turner.
I am sorry John, for all the hard working clubs, officials, marshals not to mention the midnight oil burners etc etc the Classic deserves to succeed. It is the bitterness I feel towards 'The Management' or Miss- would be a better word that has taken place in a blinkered approach to promoting one race meeting to the detriment to all others, just to appease one man, and the back stabbing along the way. I am convinced the Donington debacle lies in that direction also in an attempt to bring the 'Blazers' to heel. As I posted earlier I enjoyed the W/E immensely and the meeting has come a long way from the first 'classic' I walked into a very large marquee with 2 former F1 drivers sat at a table and nothing else in the place, twiddling their thumbs waiting for the 'crowds' to arrive for autographs on various items, Free as well! that alone would be enough to upset one of two; [previous experience tells!;] Still think it needs the Beckett touch.