View Single Post
Old 21 Aug 2009, 16:40 (Ref:2525638)   #41
Sinnercitizen
Rookie

Portugal
Setúbal
Sinnercitizen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=HORNDAWG;2525612]I would agree 100%! Drayson Racing is not 2nd rate, nor ill prepared when it comes to the team members, from Dale White on down.

I wasn't implying that the team was unprofessional or 2nd rate. The fact of the matter was, that they had very few races in the Vantage and already they are dumping the project? C'mon, its just not right. Sure, Drayson has a lot of money, and i'm betting Dale White has is share of the proffits, come the end of the month and a podium finish. The Vantage is, imo, an even better race car than a DB9. The core fundamentals of racing are all there. It's lighter, more compact and can fit a v12 in the engine bay, if they want! Does AMR have a share of the blame, for the lack of success? Probably, i don't know. The fact is, and i can only speak of what i saw, the Vantage in the Algarve race was doing fine up until the third hour and then it's gone. While they were running, yes, they were putting on quite a show, going as far as third in class. My problem is not the team or its members, as i came to meet quite a few and i'm sure they are as professional as they come. My problem is the "lack" of faith in the car and an eagerness to run for success in P1, success that might not come at all. Racing history is made of guys like Drayson and i'm all for it. But to dump, one of the few made, race ready Vantage's after such a few number of races, is just not right...