View Single Post
Old 21 Aug 2009, 17:22 (Ref:2525661)   #46
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Isn't the Racing Box an LMP2? Yes.

And a class race winner? Yes.

I'm not expecting the Drayson LMP1 to be bang on the pace of, for example, the works Lola-Astons or the Pescarolo but there's absolutely no reason why it can't be a good midfield performer. The most interesting benchmark for me will be with the Speedy Sebah Lola-Aston. It'll also be encouraging to have multiple Lola LMP1s in terms of factory based development. Speedy have been very much on their own this year as far new bits etc have been concerned and this effectively doubles the amount of interest the Lola factory have in LMP1.

I'd agree with Gingers re the ALMS potential too, although with the single prototype class there's the very real threat posed by Dyson and Cytosport.
But the ACO have just released the 2010 rules and we will see bigger restrictors for the Petrol and GT-1 engined cars to the diesels, so depending on how it is equalized in the ALMS the P-1 petrols (privateers) could get moved closer to the front also!

L.P.