View Single Post
Old 30 Aug 2009, 18:11 (Ref:2531273)   #23
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Right, well...

As a cynic, I remember thinking this could have been the case when I saw it. Alonso was on an odd strategy which only had a chance if their was an early safety car, and low and behold he got one.

It's not likely to have been implemented on the radio at least in any decipherable way, it won't be written down and signed between Flavio & Nelson - it'd have been agreed verbally only.

It's no surprise that Nelson Piquet's only just been let go by the team that this has surfaced.

In essence though - it's reasonably provable. The FIA will dig out the data recorder and try and work out if Nelson made a ridiculous move that plonked him into the wall. It will be very difficult to determine if this was a true move or general driver error - it's not as though Piquet is Michael Schumacher (Monaco 2006).

IF found guilty I doubt they'd re-order last year's championship - it's too late now, and worthless an action.

It's almost not worth excluding them from this year's championship either, as they're so far down and if Force India hold up this performance they're going to end up second to last ahead of Toro Rosso anyway.

I'd expect a massive fine - and I suppose an exclusion will accompany it regardless.

If found not guilty, and Piquet (if the whistleblower) is found to be just mouthing off - he'll probably lose his superlicence.

They may disqualify Renault from this year's -