View Single Post
Old 31 Aug 2009, 21:59 (Ref:2532165)   #50
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Terence you are right that some folk have iffy cars and cos he is a past regular racer possibly with good period cars in collection/raced in their series many years has a larger todger/bigger bank account than most of us and a nice well known prep shop doing his cars its all right for him to run bent cars- isit buggery the rules are the rules if he turns up with bent car send him home humiliated
when he ha shad teh tantrum in his bedroom he can come back to race with hi scar straight
By having draconian punishment they will not transgress in the begining

aws i couldnt give a monkies if the original mechanic welder alloy sheet folder built a car yesterday on the original jigs in the original shed the manufacturer built his 1970`s race cars in its still a FAKE REPLICA call it waht you like "continuation" car its NOT the original car with a line of history
Triggers broom can be traced to teh events a part was replaced it still carried the plate afixed to said tub connected to a wishbone uprights and raced at a certain international or club event by a said driver who then crashed and rebuilt his damaged car as required
THAT car i welcome with open arms to race against NOT the fake replica continuation car PLUS even 20 dd years ago we had folk making new B16 B19 cars to race in the new historic racing series using a plate with a number from a car that was crashed written off later scrapped
want me to recite cars chassis numbers? gladly point them out at race meetings in uk eec and usa

lets move on form this saga what aboit spec BDG todasY 300 BHP
PULEEEESE IN 1972 IT HAD 245ISH bhp IN 1990 I KNOW GUYS THAT HAD 2 LITRE BDG WITH 265 BHP AND THEY FEARED THE CHILDREN WOULD NOT SEE THEIR INHERITANCE
lets get real about spec on motors dampers springs pad & tyre compounds