View Single Post
Old 1 Sep 2009, 11:27 (Ref:2532419)   #68
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
John don't worry about people not commenting on your excellent reports and contributions I am sure they are being read and well received, on the CTCRC forum where strangly enough I am top poster by a million miles and moderator I have put many posts on there trying to generate interest and replies and have had little response then I check and see how many people have viewed and it can be quite a lot so obviously people are reading but sometimes too shy to comment (unlike some of us on here :-) ) .
Ditto.

I enjoy all the reports but I think it would seem a littel gratuitous (perhaps even self promoting) to comment on every one. I could imagine that if all the readers posted to say thanks you would have a series of very long threads with sparse useful comment! Maybe a button to offer a vote of thanks would work? Is there something like that already available?

As we are discussing that, does the view count include any passing web trawling applications? I recall checking 'active' users on other forms in the past and finding among the anonymous 'users' that only one or two of several 'active' readers were real people and the other ten or twenty were robots. (OT but not worthy of a thread in the appropriate forum since the answer is likely to be simple.)