View Single Post
Old 1 Sep 2009, 16:27 (Ref:2532574)   #72
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Problem facing the yoot of taday [oop's,letting my past show] is,will Astra's,Nova's and the like ever be looked on with moist eye's.?[apart from the memories of getting nicked in one] 'Our' historic cars were so widely used by parents,grand parents they became part of our lives when we would be 'helping' by handing spanners to dad/grandad,if you were interested enough,that help would have had the progression to doing the odd job on the car maybe even servicing it.The thing now is because of the complexity of modern multi valve,automatic advance/retard systems not to mention e.c.u's that can be readilly re-mapped without getting you hands dirty,the youngsters of today simply cannot do much in the way of hands on tuning without the required electronics knowledge.I think that it will only be a very small minority who are fortunate enough to be involved in the type of cars we talk about,that invariably will come from the parents or maybe even friends.
As for 'one organizer running one meeting',thats how it used to be done,without the advantage of our electronic helpers.