View Single Post
Old 4 Dec 2009, 16:29 (Ref:2594029)   #106
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by picchiofan View Post
Why?

Are you surprised?

I'm not sure I understand the very peculiar mentality on this board that seems to think when a manfacturer pulls out of the largest motorsport series in the world due to budget issues, that they're then going to enter and develop a car for a series/race that requires almost the same budget, but has 1/50th the exposure worldwide, and that's being generous.
The idea that the budget for Le Mans would be similar to, or any more than a pimple on the cost of F1 is wildly off base.

Having said that, I agree entirely with your principal thought: It's getting hope ahead of good sense that leads some to jump to conclusions that fulfill their fantasies.

Although Toyota has harbored in interest in Le Mans racing for a long time, and in fact has had a low-grade design/prototype (in the wider meaning of the word) program almost continually underway, most expect that they will not commit to any "replacement" of their F1 adventure (not matter how small) for at least a year.