View Single Post
Old 18 Dec 2009, 00:32 (Ref:2601672)   #105
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMans.pt View Post
My point precisely!
I've heard the same bull years ago with the creation of the LMS!
Perhaps from some quarters, most certainly not this one.

Quote:
Make the ALMS accessible for privateers and forgot that idea of having an all professional racing with a bunch of works teams on it. The problem is that with an international series, the manufactures will prefer to rave on it full season and not in the ALMS, probably may i underline.
I agree with making the ALMS more accessible to privateers. Without the Professional teams, there is no ALMS. It's financial structure requires it. Of course it could fail, and a new structure and organization could take over...

Quote:
And that is really getting to your nerves...

Here in Europe we had years of privateer racing only, and we have a lot of entrants year after year... And we are not a bit concerned with LMIC.
Congratulations, and I appreciate that it doesn't concern you what the health of true sportscar racing in North America is. North America and Europe are two different situations, and what is good for one, might not necessarily be good for the other. A balancing act is required. Astute observers would recognize this, and the need for strength on both sides.