Thread: Team US F1
View Single Post
Old 19 Dec 2009, 07:47 (Ref:2602252)   #67
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted bennett View Post
ACG are a composite supply outfit, a one stop shop if you like. So they would be best described as a technical partner. It will be funny if the all American USF1 team ends up fielding a car built in Derbyshire though.

They have a facility in Tulsa but it was only a supply hub and repackaging centre when I last the knew the details of the operation, set up to facilitate sales in the US market as it was next to impossible to sell composite materials to US defence contractors as US law compelled the contractors to buy American. My information is rather old though I must admit.
Google (as ever) is your friend

ACG Website

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Website
Manufacturing

Manufacturing of materials is conducted within the Tulsa facility and includes full range of equipment for the production and testing of hot melt prepregs and their associated products.

Research

While ACG Inc. has its own fully equipped laboratory facility for quality control and R&D programmes, the Group's central R&D laboratory in the UK serves as the focal point for all product development. Under the control of UCSM, ACG Inc, ACG Ltd and the Technology Centre operate harmoniously to offer a co-ordinated service to clients across the globe.