View Single Post
Old 9 Jan 2010, 04:18 (Ref:2610318)   #225
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMans.pt View Post
There is a lot of 'Old Continent" Colonial arrogance that i don't like in some european state of mind. The same goes for those in that part of world that thinks that anything that is american is best or more important than anything else. That's why its ridiculous... its all about thinking that anything outside US is just a meaningless bunch of crap.

Sorry, but it didn't cross my mind to apply Purist words to you, because as you say: "You don't know anything about me and I about you". Just used them as an example of what makes possible to exist the kind of thinking i described above.
Fair enough, miscommunication... the biggest problem with internet forums is conveying exactly what you mean through a keyboard.

I can assure you that myself and the others that have posted in defense to the ALMS (let's not forget our Canadian friends that show up in great numbers) have what's best for sportscar racing at heart. We are all here posting because of Le Mans, sportscar racing Mecca. It is in no way, shape, or form, crap.

What I feel may not being conveyed strongly enough is the dire straits of the ALMS. If the ALMS fails for whatever reason, be it the LMIC or a list of other reasons, the biggest loss will not be teams or sponsors (IMO) but the tracks. I think Sebring and Road Atlanta would be swallowed up by Nascar, losing their connection with Le Mans all together. This is the major concern. We (N. Americans) want to be involved with international sportscar racing, but if we lose the ALMS or PMG we potentially lose that connection. I think that the loss of Sebring and PLM would be a huge loss to international motorsport, therefore, what affects the ALMS is or should be a concern to all fans.

Arrogant? Maybe. But you gotta pull for the home team right?