WOCCOWAYCER
Rookie

United Kingdom
DAVENTRY
WOCCOWAYCER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maguire mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by BESSIE View Post
hi Tony parts of the 8port was Davids Marys 8 port is my developement long stroke 1460 its on loan she was runner up in the SEMSEC saloons with it also did you know her space frame mini is one of the very 1st Maguire minis.My Duratec is giving 300 bhp and will be racing this year
Hi,
I am interested in the early Maguire mini mentioned,we bought chassis #002 from John Maguire when new in late '77 or early '78 and ran it in 8 port 1300 guise for most of season '78,as we could'nt afford to run it competetively we sold it to a chap called Nick Hamley before the end of the season,have no idea what happened to it after then,anyone got any ideas ? would now like to find it.
Chassis #001 was built for a chap called Mike Parkes,his new bare spaceframe was hiding under a sheet in the Maguire workshop one day when we called in to see John,he tried to fight us off for a while but we managed to get the sheet off and were blown away by it and ordered one there and then !! we were running a steel bodied car at the time and were struggling against all the BDA engined cars that had started appearing.

Mike ran his car with an Arden 8 port 1000 engine and was very quick.