View Single Post
Old 18 Jan 2010, 18:32 (Ref:2615232)   #120
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Correct if I am wrong but I see it as this:

1/ Audi design a car which gets approval by the ACO
2/ Peugeot complains about it including in Le Mans
3/ ACO ask Peugeot to back off so as not to spoil the big race
4/ Peugeot say OK as long as you change the rules for next year
5/ ACO agrees but takes forever to tell everyone how it will change the rules
6/ Audi then say it cant change its car in time so can it play with an interim car?
7/ ACO asks Peugeot if it will allow the interim car as Audi cant change its car that was legal until the rules were changed because Peugeot complained
8/ Peugeot say no
9/ ACO say Audi cant play at Sebring.

It seems to me that the ACO are at most fault for not having the balls to stand up to Peugeot and make its own rules and stick to them.
The new rules also effects Peugeot, and you can see on the B10/60 that Lola also have made the car compliant with 2010 regulation.
Audi pushed the rules to the edge. ACO (with or without Peugeot) thought of this as too far, as they want the times down (to 3:30). ACO is therefor making the new rules in 2011, and 2010 is a "hybrid" year. The R15 is just hit harder because of the radical design.
But yes, ACO released the rules too early, but the rules where the same for everybody.