View Single Post
Old 19 Jan 2010, 12:26 (Ref:2615666)   #131
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Following on from Hugewally and Ur Q 83 I wonder if, in 1969, people were saying "if only the 917 had a proper backend instead of those moveable wing things nobody would have a problem"?

I don't think we can blame Audi for coming up with a comparatively revolutionary concept with the R15, innovation should be encouraged, nor for asking to run a compromise car at Sebring. Equally I don't feel I can really blame Peugeot, rules are rules, even if they are arrived at late - and at some stage you've got to draw the line otherwise you'd be as well call it Formula Libre and allow Gianni Mussato to turn up with his Lancia LC2.

That said doesn't mean I don't regret Peugeot not being willing to rise above things and allow Audi in for the good of the race, March will be a poorer spectacle without Audi there.