View Single Post
Old 28 Jan 2010, 01:36 (Ref:2620727)   #150
Ur Q 83
Rookie

Ur Q 83 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12 View Post
Well, at Audi's perhaps not, but in this thread there's a lot of Peugeot bashing though
I wasn’t trying to bush Peugeot ( even if I don’t like how the newer team management had gone about doing things last year ) I was trying to understand how/why Acid09 thought Audi was “incredibly low” asking for a waiver to run Sebring with a inter spec car and blaming Peugeot ( which Audi never did ) was Audi “PR BS” ?. As for why members are leaning towards Audi, it could be because they actually went about things the right way. First they had a concept, went to ACO and got approval, then built the car and it passed race tech ( twice ! ).

But back on topic as far as I understand any team can ran the R10 bar the Audi factory ( so Joest and probably Champion if there were still around ) and any drivers who hasn’t raced the R10 for the factory. So the banned driver list should be Biela / Pirro / Werner / Capello / Kristensen / McNish / Luhr / Rockenfeller and Premat. But should/could also includeFassler and Albers ( who both drove single races at the end of ’08 in the ALMS by memory ), so where does this leave Albers & Kolles ?.

And lastly I also don’t think a driver could tell you a lot about the design of one car to another apart from set up and general stuff. And as David Brabham put it, drives should think of cars as girlfriends, and you never talk about the old one with the new one J And speaking of David, it doesn’t look like he will be racing with the Peugeot this year so could he be a chance at Audi or will he be in a P2 ?.