View Single Post
Old 8 Feb 2010, 07:08 (Ref:2629062)   #517
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They have been ultrasonically cleaned (some time ago) and a new overhaul kit fitted last year by me.

They are 2 litre 911 carbs in good condition, new custom chokes for the 3200cc 911 engine and the corresponding bore sized manifolds, so on paper all is good for a high torque engine, about 220 of both.

The car went on a very respected rolling road with an ultra respected operator twice, £500 of tuning and we got 198 bhp and the thing runs smooth enough but with severe back firing.pops.bangs that are embarrassing and not right. I've had a 2.2 911T engine on webers and it was quiet and smooth.

I'm hoping that there is nothing wrong, just the setting up.

I will take it to Hitech here in West Bromwich way as I'm advised they are good and have tweeked 911 cars before to very good effect. They are 30 mins drive from me too.

I'm not looking for 250 of both, just a good running flexible engine with torque low down the rev range.

The engine is a bog standard 3200cc 911 which normally would run Bosch fuel injection. My 911 has the same engine on this injection and it is great.

Webers on this or any other 911 is nothing new at all, so this should be a simple game.

The engine was so noisey last year i was nearly stopped racing it!