View Single Post
Old 21 Feb 2010, 22:21 (Ref:2637920)   #36
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Wiki confirms my thought that it is formic acid. Actually, wiki also says ants may comprised 15-25% of the terrestrial animal biomass. Yikes!

Hey Badger, if you want to study them, PM me your address and I will send you a jar, as I can easily collect them in my yard-despite every attempt I have made with various chemicals that have labels that would scare anyone
Me first! I use some stuff made by Ortho that works pretty darn good, however, there is a better way. As much as it will make enviromentalist cringe, the best way to get rid of them is gasoline and a match. Fight fire with fire I suppose.

lol, this thread has become quite informative on fire ants. If you don't know what they look like and are going, they are red up front and have black butts. All other ants are harmless as far as I know. In Georgia, they create anything from mounds that are a few inches in diameter to several feet in diameter and nearly a foot tall.