View Single Post
Old 22 Feb 2010, 02:59 (Ref:2638025)   #48
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowsley View Post
Lots of good info here guys (seriously), so thanks. Reading all of this lights the ANTicipatory FIRE of going. But I spoke too soon about accomidations. They feel through. At this point I'm finding not a single available room in the city. The only one I've found so far is Econo Lodge, but they have a rule starting March 17 (the day I arrive) that they will only book for a 5 night minimum (I'm staying for 4). One hotel was $113 a night the week before and $399 a night the week of! Is that even legal? Looks like I may be staying 30 or so miles away at the moment. That's quite a bit of additional miles added to this treck. But neither hell nor high water will stop this train from rolling in to town.
I would camp. That being said, I always camp. Even if you don't have any gear you can head to Wally World and pick up everything you need for less than a motel would cost. If you arrive early on Thursday you can find a nice interior spot in Green Park, which I prefer if your tent camping for privacy and so that no one drives over your tent at night. Spending the night in Green Park is part of the experience too... some crazy stuff, especially after the race. Plus, you don't have to worry about who is staying sober, those pesky road blocks, etc. Just park your car and leave it for a few days.