View Single Post
Old 15 Mar 2010, 12:29 (Ref:2652580)   #69
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastJoel31 View Post
Hello all,

I am traveling across the pond with my girlfriend for my first ever Le Mans. We will be coming in via TGV from Paris on Friday and setting up camp at Houx. I have read the fantastic CA guide, it is truly a wealth of information. Does anyone have any tips for a first-timer?

-Joel
The first thing I would say is make sure you get plenty of sleep on the way down, the campsites on friday can be very noisy and you will not get a great deal of sleep, as for Saturday night there will be to much to do, Sunday night is also a liitle noisy. When you arrive at Le mans, stock up with supplies before you get to the campsite, Beer, food and water as Houx (hopefully you have allocated pitch) is a long way from a supermarket.

Try to get to the campsite as soon as possible friday night (mad friday is not the time to be walking through with huge amounts of luggage (tents etc) and cabs will be very wary of going anywhere near the roundabouts.

Try to do the pit walk on friday afternoon and the drivers parade on Friday night, and use the trams to get back.

You will enjoy yourselves but remember the race is only part of Le mans the experience is so much more.