Old 4 Apr 2010, 13:05 (Ref:2666589)   #5
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
never been too much of a straight liner fan, but have gotten a bit into Drag racing a bit over the past few years, thanks to a kick ass surround sound system .

the four wide deal is pretty freakin' cool. previous poster put it into perspective as that is a change from what drag racing has been from the beginning. but the first couple of rounds were insane, with three Top Fuel dragsters having to peddle it all the way down the track and the winner having a tire exploding at the finish line. then the finals for both Top Fuel and Funny Cars ended up very close indeed, with the "Man" taking the first 4 wide Funny Car Wally over his daughter. pretty cool, imo.

how could a "race fan" not like this kinda of thing?

must be right cause i know the largest and i know the second ain't the IRL or sportcars of any kind.
NHRA is #2 motorsport in America, Nascar is #2 in all sport in America last I heard.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna