View Single Post
Old 7 Apr 2010, 00:19 (Ref:2668007)   #113
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Plus you don't know yet what the grandstands around the new 'Arena' section will be like.
According to the latest plans there are just 2 New grandstands in the Arena section, situated near the first braking zone. That's it basically, they're not even bothering to put anything down the National straight.

When considering also that they'll effectively be losing a couple of Grandstands around the Farm/Bridge area, then it really doesn't add up to much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattGreen View Post
From some of the reports on the new bits of the track, there will be more spectator viewing spots than before, with many closer banking sections being put in.
As for closer Banking sections, I'm sorry I don't believe a word of it. After viewing a considerable amount of Photo's of the "de-construction" I've seen no evidence of this happening at all. Looking at the plans again, most of the Arena section is surrounded on either side by about 50ft+ of run-off & gravel so any spectator banking here will have no better view than the now butchered Pit Straight.

Last edited by Flat12-Aircool; 7 Apr 2010 at 00:33.