View Single Post
Old 19 May 2010, 17:50 (Ref:2694187)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Drink Le Mans - Your 'Goosebumps' Moments

As with many of you, Le Mans has occupied a special place in my life for many years now and I'm in the habit from time to time - usually when I'm alone in the car - of pondering over past races, past trips and the good things that I remember from those. But there are times that literally give me goosebumps - they always do when I'm on the way to France or at the event, and they often still do, even when I think about those moments in between Le Mans.

Having the opportunity now to relive the commentary via the Radio Le Mans downloads which, being the sad muppet that I am, I burn to CD and play in the car (I've just started listening to last year's commentary for the 14th time.... seriously sad....!), I can visualise certain things and the sense of anticipation for what is to come in less than four weeks time is seriously intense.

So (with apologies for the long preamble), what is your Le Mans 'goosebumps' moment?

For me, it's that period when I've found my place up in the stand and I'm watching the cars being pushed to the echelon, the parading of the flags (and, it used to include the driver parade - sadly a thing of the past), while all the time Bruno Vandestick is beginning to wind up the crowd with his incessant babble and Trussers and Hindy are running through the starting drivers - right up to the point when the cars leave on that final reconnaissance lap. That period, for me, is gold dust. In a rather silly way, I almost (I did say almost...) regret the race having started! True unadulterated magic.

How about you?