View Single Post
Old 21 May 2010, 12:58 (Ref:2695384)   #689
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by byronb View Post
http://www.racexpress.nl/index.php?n...ikel&nid=24404

The article is in Dutch, but in the article Mike Hezemans says they won't race at Le Mans because the Corvette burned out at the Silverstone GT1 race, and they can't get it fixed in time.

Why there is only the PeKa Corvette on the 24H Le Mans entry list, and what the Phoenix Corvette which burned down has anything to do with it, I don't know, I guess PeKa gave their entry to Phoenix, or something. But that does mean the 2nd Spyker entry is in?
Nope, the withdrawal of the Pekaracing/Phoenix/Carsport Corvette was announced alongside the two Pescarolos, and it allowed a block of three cars in: KSM's Lola, the second Matech Ford and the second AF Corse Ferrari. The second Spyker will not be at Le Mans, the final entry list has already been published without it; it's still the only reserve left, but it's only the reserve entry and the deadline for it to get in the race has passed.

Perhaps Pekaracing made a deal to use that car and its drivers (I think Anthony Kumpen was the designated driver), so since the deal was concerning that exact chassis, and they weren't able to fix it in time...