View Single Post
Old 10 Jun 2010, 15:49 (Ref:2708365)   #15
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
That's interesting, becuase it would seem to be a large waste of money and a terrible shame to see the new GT1's (GT, GTR, SVR) to rot away, so this shows there is hope for them.

As for the other 4, I think the time has passed for them.

Or what you could do with these four is to maybe have a classics championship for them?

If a GT3 B6, can be turned into a GT1, then I can see the Marc Mustang GT3, be turned into a GT2.
I'd guess they'll continue in the FIA series for a season or two until Ratel sees sense...

...but if the ACO can find a way of accomodating the only two 'real' new GT1 cars (as opposed to grandfathered old-regs GT1s) into their GT2-based GT class, then it maybe sends a pretty big shot across the bows to Ratel- especially if he doesn't get any other manufacturers looking to play his game.

Long-term, I wouldn't be all that surprised to see the two series having unified GT rules again, based on GT2 in a few years, assuming the FIA series survives that long