View Single Post
Old 1 Jul 2010, 20:19 (Ref:2720915)   #490
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMans.pt View Post
May i ask why?
Sportscar racing is entertainment for myself.

I can watch at least half a dozen endurance races per year with some of the greatest grids in the history of the sport.

Before the year began everyone on this site would have picked Sebring, Spa, Le Mans, Silverstone, PLM and some notable others as ones to watch.

Portimao, Brno and a selection of ALMS races would have gone in the take a rain check box.

Sportscar racing is not like F1 or touring cars as major races have unique atmospheres. You cannot expect to recreate the Le Mans magic at any given circuit.

The LMS will still work for privateers who are taking their first steps onto the international stage in the same manner the series worked for Rollcentre and such in it's early years.

More recently we've seen bigger budget privateers as in ORECA, Rebellion, Stakka, Signature, Oak, Drayson etc. come onto the scene as sportscar racing has strengthened in Europe.

They seem to be looking for recognition on a bigger stage and the ILMC could be the answer.