View Single Post
Old 6 Jul 2010, 23:25 (Ref:2722831)   #507
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Winning the very first ILMC is not just "icing on the cake".
Of Course it's not Le Mans, but it's something!, otherwise Audi and especially Peugeot wouldn't race it! (as there is no gain, development wise, in racing the 908, which takes resources which could be used on 90X)

But Peugeot dominating Audi!?, i don't think so!
The R15+ is better at "normal" tracks, just see SPA. Also, Peugeot do NOT want to have a similar failure again (the Con Rods), so they will either go with slightly de-tuned engines, or not push as hard as they have been able to do earlier.

The ILMC will be very interesting to follow, as it will be a close battle between Audi and Peugeot. I just hope that they can manage to do a quick deal so some one will broadcast all the races!
Do you really think that anyone is going to remember who wins the Intercontinental Cup this year, and I am talking about the unwashed masses, not just us. Look, I hope that the ILMC gets some legs over the next few years and grows into a significant series, but Audis LM24 whitewash this year is going to be long remembered over anything else they achieve this year.