Thread: TC
View Single Post
Old 1 Aug 2010, 09:22 (Ref:2737042)   #4
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The thing about this all is why would TC be any kind of help in rallycross? The issue being that youa re running 4wd and TC has never really been used much in 4wd cars?

Even in WRC traction control is not really much in evidence as far as I gather.

Maybe the fact you have to use controlled diffs instead of active ones meane TC is around? But in all honesty it's hardly the worst thing to happen. MOst engine managements systesm at the top level ahve TC progrrams installed in them, so very hard to police.

As far as I remember in the Group B days, even in those days cars had to wheelspin hugely off the line. And yo ahve to remember they were all running largely slick tyres so some spin was always likely. and mst cars had over 600hp. It was also a way of protecting the diffs and gearbox! If you put Rasmushaugen power through a diff and box it would always likely yo break! SO some slip was I am sure a good thing!

For me, the tyres have more grip, the electronics are more advanced. Look on board Isachsen and he always flicks switches on and off at the start. COUld that be something? He always gates like a demon.

Not sure really, I hope it isnt around, but wouldnt be surprised. I think more likely Div1A though as they were fitted with it in rallying!