View Single Post
Old 12 Aug 2010, 04:10 (Ref:2743352)   #64
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
You keep harping on about "many years ago". Many years ago, not everybody had a TV, and people listened to the radio and read newspapers. Many years ago, racing could be done out of your garage for less than a million bucks. Many years ago, a racing engine could be put in a road car and sold to the public.

Many years ago was many years ago. The game has changed.
Really?
Not ever body had TV, hmmm-- just how young and ignorant are you.
Are you saying that "many years ago" people had brains but now they are complete twits?

Please tell me how spectators have become irrelevant and tracks do not need them.
Please tell me how race series are created not because of fan and auto maker interest but in- modern - (is this related to abstract art?) times first comes the TV contract- badaBOOM- and then a race series is formed.

Hmmm-- tell me how race tracks survive without spectators to pay the bills-- how Road America lives off of TV money, this ought to be a real revelation. Kind of like modern schools, don't worry about being correct, close is good enough.

Is this related to those youts who think "racing" computer games is good way to make road racing grow--

PS:
Adjusted for inflation, a top rank IMSA or SCCA GT cost just as much in 1980 as it does in 2010.

Last edited by Bob Riebe; 12 Aug 2010 at 04:17.