View Single Post
Old 14 Aug 2010, 06:29 (Ref:2744433)   #10
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
1975DCS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eye View Post
Interesting replies on that Norwegian forum.
Freddie wrote:
“xxxxx have pre-programmed the crankshaft and how fast the engine should be able to accelerate in a given offer without spinning the wheels. When the crankshaft begins to accelerate faster than the pre-programmed speed device it immediately intervene, and cuts the ignition until the crankshaft speed is within the limits that are programmed. You have great opportunities to adjust the traction controller to your needs. Sensitivity can be adjusted by what gear you are in, and by how much gas you give. You can also adjust the sensitivity while driving with Traction Control Adjust. With this you can also turn of the TC system completely. Retrieved from a TC-race supplier ...”
Even Hvaal wrote:
“Freddie you are spot on I think, and if you follow Div 1 you can see very easily who is using it. All the cars have Pectel electronics and are mapped by Julian Godfrey.
If I should tip, based on what you see in driving style how the cars are on the track then it is 4 Ford's and 1 Volvo.”

Who besides Sverre and Frode uses Godfrey engines?
I think it actually could be legal as normal TC is monitoring wheel speed like ABS, right? I am sure there is nothing (legal) to say about a clever programmed Pectel management?

Still amazing to see, how Isachsen's car seem to have the edge over other Godfrey equiped cars... So Kuypers, Valle and Pauwels could have the same system? So it is the battle between Trollspeed, Godfrey and Oreca that have the biggest share in Top 10 Division 1 cars?