View Single Post
Old 17 Aug 2010, 15:10 (Ref:2745989)   #50
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimangler View Post
I cannot understand why every thread on this forum always end up holding a big stick and hitting GT1 with it. So Hindy doesn't like it. I (and others) happen to disagree with him. Yes it is a shadow of its former self in ALMS/LMS competition but right now none of it (bar GT2) is in exceptional health. Can we just drop it now?! We get it. It isn't popular amongst hardline sportscar fans. But it's producing great racing right now in the World Championship.

How are the ALMS/ILMC dealing with the sudden addition of an LMP2 class? Am I wrong in thinking it's been one 'prototype' class all season in ALMS?

Not every thread. But where the class is foisted upon us it becomes debateable. "Yes it is a shadow of its former self", yet, it is supposed to be 'The GT-1 World Championship' and be represenitive of THE BEST, which it is not!

The ALMS will deal with P-2 exactly as they did at Sebring. As to being wrong, I would say that is an affirmative. There has been a minimum of 2 classes of prototype all year long in the ALMS.

L.P.