View Single Post
Old 13 Sep 2010, 19:04 (Ref:2758887)   #24
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
I'd love to Kylami back, but nearer its original form not the go kart like track it was in 1992 onwards. But I doubt it will happen, I am pretty sceptical about South Africa getting another F1 race again. The calendar for next year is already quite big!
The old Kyalami has almost entirely been built over, sadly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
their hosting the World Cup was a success right? i know i heard a lot of negative stuff prior to it starting but not much else after that...no stories means a success right that may create more interest on the governments part to host other international type events.
It was certainly pretty successful, not any unusual horror stories. It's not going to go down in the pantheon of crap sporting events alongside the Atlanta Olympics.

Quote:
F1 needs a race in Africa. where else could be a potential African location?
I'm not sure about saying it's needed, but it could add a bit of geographical symmetry. If you want a race in Africa, it's probably Kyalami with work on it, although Marrakech in Morocco has a WTCC round at the moment, the circuit is somewhat Mickey Mouse but that could be changed.

With regards to TV times, one potential question : what would be better for F1, a race at 1pm (Western Europe time)/2pm (Central Europe Time) or a race at 8pm (Western Europe time)/9pm (Central Europe Time), slap bang in primetime? Obviously both are superior to early morning starts. I'm not seriously calling for night races in Europe, although perhaps the thought of later race starts for the last few in the season could be a thought - done by having Brazil and the US at the end of the year.

Last edited by duke_toaster; 13 Sep 2010 at 19:12.