View Single Post
Old 15 Sep 2010, 20:13 (Ref:2760044)   #13
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoung View Post
The Masser is currently running at 1255kg; they have run at a lower minimum weight in the past. According to the website they are only 5kg over their minimum weight. Saw this joke of a post over on the GT3…

Could the Championship Be Won in Portugal?

A hilarious paragraph…

“Who will be victorious in Portugal? Can the Corvettes be beaten? Can one of the other marques join Corvette, Porsche, Audi and BMW as race winners in 2010? The podium finishing cars in Paul Ricard have to carry success ballast in the next two races. The nr101 Corvette will carry the maximum 40kg, while the nr16 Corvette will get 30kg. The two Porsches (nr 11 and nr61) will carry 10kg each thanks to their third place finishes in France.”

The Corvettes will also carry 80kg more minimum weight and a smaller restrictor in addition to the success ballast, so much for a real GT3 championship.

Olivier Panis over in FFSA GT series..."In short, today is not a championship, it's a circus or a general fraud!"

I couldn't agree more.
When was the 80kg enforced on the Callaways?

If they have had time to test with it, I don't see an issue. They were much faster at Ricard and some of it was driver talent.

I'm looking for the BMW Z4's to continue its march forward.