View Single Post
Old 17 Sep 2010, 18:15 (Ref:2760984)   #70
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
I don't agree with much of that.

I read the article too and it came across to me as fair comment. If I remember correctly when Perry McCarthy did the same thing as Ben has done now he revealed he was only being paid £700. I expect it's more now, but that's really not a vast amount. It's not for one day's filming a week, it's also for coaching the celebrity guests who drive the Sensibly Priced Car and anything else the Beeb throws at him.
That is between him and the BBC. Why did he except the job in the first place if he didn't like the wages? And, who is going to hire him now after this fiasco? He should have negotiated his fees better and waited until the end of the show to publish his memoirs. He got greedy, pure and simple.

It's like a member of a rock band who decides he's bigger then the band and cuts a solo album. They rarely work out.

The BBC should publish another Stig Memoir book at the same time; about Julian Bailey, who was also the Stig but also managed to get to F1.