View Single Post
Old 21 Sep 2010, 21:48 (Ref:2762755)   #66
THE STAPE
Rookie

THE STAPE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
I think that's the big point. I was tentatively approached on one occasion but I felt I didn't want to get involved as it's my hobby and I'm not sure I want the hassle of having to entertain people at race meetings and not be able to do my own thing so to speak.
Yes, that could be the problem and I have to say I would feel the same way.

Perhaps what I am looking for is a small team that are successful but are being held back by funds and perhaps some other issues that I could help with. Last weekend I was at the Paul Ricard HTTT watching some Ferraris, Lamborghinis, etc. I only saw the qualifying sessions but it was obvious some of these guys could drive and some were not so capable. They could all afford to race one of these machines though, talent or not. What I am interested in, is, as Chris Y puts it, a 'patronage'.

I know there is something I could learn without even going near the paddock. One or two meetings a year would suffice and any other communications could be done via email, etc. What do I offer: Cash, some moral support and as mentioned above some mutually beneficial raising of profiles.