View Single Post
Old 26 Sep 2010, 09:53 (Ref:2764631)   #277
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by p261brm View Post
So the progrmme gives the figure of 1998cc must be correct then. As for the RAC TT my memories seemed to be of Ferrari's and Astons; without a lot serching through programmes/results in the loft to confirm, 1961 Ferrari 1-2 3rd Aston.1962 1st 250GTO [G.Hill] 1963 5 GTO's, 3 Astons 3 lightweight E's formed the entry for the over 2litre contingent Ferrari finishing 1-2-3 and 1964 the last year the TT was run at Goodwood 1st Ferrari 330p [G.Hill] The only appearance by one Mr.Shelby appears to be 1959 driving for Aston. My own first appearance as a mechanic [well the label said so] Goodwood May 1965 Lord Cross AC Cobra? I seem to remember, just a BARC clubbie event....
Next time i see him I will ask Mr. Attwood.... There were rumours of more cars having larger engines, and also about cars being much lighter than lightweight. And honestly, if it adds to the spectacle of the current race I do not care too much, but if the organisers are trying to emulate a race as was held in period, certain things should be looked at much more stringently, (and not the way the public or the mechanics are dressed) like they did with a certain GT40. (but apparently only with one).
IIR 1964 was the year that the Cobras clinched the world GT title. Perhaps the TT had lost some importance by that time?
The Lister Costin prototype should actually not be eligible for this race.