View Single Post
Old 30 Sep 2010, 17:58 (Ref:2767325)   #524
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Firstly, it needs to be in a proper manner!

jbentley@panozgroup.com Attn: Scott Atherton

L.P.
Not sure what Hindy has to do with Wheeler TV (likely nothing). What I brought up is concern over the tv package changing to this docu-drama BS as a "cost effective" replacement for the current 7 Live Races and 2 "Highlight Package" races.

ALMS does in word "poorly" on network TV, just behind Indy Car on network TV. However it does better than Indy Car on Cable (Speed vs Versus). Hindy uncovered some discussions that had taken place a few years ago that the Versus was courting the ALMS to be the core of its new push into motorsports. ALMS felt it would be stepping down from its current Wheeler/Speed/Network TV combo its been running since the start.

I thought Wheeler was in trouble once Intersport entered the picture and while we've all have criticism of Wheeler's overall camera coverage and of course that really strange view of zoom cameras reducing the speed and danger present in racing (I don't think anybody cares frankly, what on a odd post on LTC).

Anyway, what you should be emailing Atherton over is not a further reduction of the TV deal.