View Single Post
Old 1 Oct 2010, 19:17 (Ref:2767889)   #1
matherto
Rookie

United Kingdom
St. Helens
matherto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jaguar XJR-15

Hopefully it's okay to put this here due to some of them being racing versions.

Also hopefully, someone here will have owned one in the past or something and can help me out.

Taken it upon myself over the past few days to have a search around the web in the hope of finding out more information on these cars. Actually surprised myself with what I (and of course, others) have been able to find.

So far, the list looks like this, obviously I'm not expecting everything I've got to be absolutely correct, but it's certainly a better start than anything else out there.

R9R - Original prototype, auctioned off as part of a TWR sale when the firm went bust.

#001 - Racing version, ran #1 in the Intercontinental series and owned and first driven by Matt Aitken, still wears that livery today and was last seen in the US (I think).

#003 - Racing version, ran #3, driven (and I think first owned) by Andy Evans, currently in Force India owner Vijay Mallya's collection north of San Francisco, still wearing the racing livery.

#004 - Racing version, sold by Bonhams in 2002 with altered front lights. Don't have much more information on it.

#009 - Road version - Owned by the Sultan of Brunei, wearing registration plate KE88. Seen in a picture with McLaren F1 GTR #009 (The LM95 winner look-a-like).

#010 - Road version - Currently in the USA, there are videos of it on Youtube

#011 - Racing version, ran #4, driven (and possibly first owned) by Bob Wollek, was for sale in Las Vegas in 2008, wearing the same livery.

#012 - Road version - Potentially for sale in Japan at some point recently, though the advert said chassis 212 which doesn't really exist. Taking a hunch that it was actually #012.

#016 - Road version - Currently in Surrey, UK apparently.

#020 - Racing version, ran #11 and driven by Derek Warwick, still wears that livery and was possibly last seen in the USA.

#021 - Road version, no other real information but have seen plenty of photos of it.

#022 - Racing version, ran #16 and driven by Ian Flux, ran later on by JB Classics, a Jaguar restorer and currently owned by Derek Hood. Still in the racing livery.

#024 - Road version - For sale in Japan, repainted to a gunmetal grey colour.

#027 - Racing version, no other real information.

#029 - Supposed to be in the UK and Blue, dunno if it's a racing or road version.

#031 - In the UK, wearing H109 HTA, last spotted at Jaguar Classics at Silverstone in 2009.

#035 - Racing version (I think) - For sale in Japan, almost brand new so maybe not a racing version.

#037 - Racing version (I think) - Sold by RM in 2003.

#038 - No information other than it's supposed to wear reg. H544 POH

#040 - Road version, Sold by Brooks in 2000, apparently had an engine fire.

#044 - Road version - Supposed to be in Switzerland, certainly the photos I've seen of it would suggest it's there.

#046 - Road version (probably) - Owned by the Sultan of Brunei wearing reg. BN618.

#047 - Racing version, ran #5 and driven by Tiff Needell, restored by Xero Competition and for sale just about everywhere by everyone nowadays.

#049 - Road version, blue, sold by RM at Monaco this year, previously owned by Lindsay Fox in Australia.

#050 - Road version, blue, restored recently, was in Germany, currently in the UK.

If anyone can help me out filling in the blanks, then it'd be greatly appreciated. Myself and people on other forums are making a really good effort to track these cars, but with people on here having vast knowledge and experience in racing matters, perhaps you've got information that we don't have.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

(Mods if it's not appropriate then I don't mind if it's moved or deleted, cheers.)