View Single Post
Old 3 Oct 2010, 18:02 (Ref:2768718)   #10
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
You create a race team to win and nothing else
How short sighted? Has it not occurred to you that the people you mention have created the Race Team because they want to RACE THEMSELVES? I take it you are familiar with the term 'Gentleman Driver'?

It is obvious from your username where your affiliation lies, and for that team, yes, Winning *IS* Everything and there is nothing else. For them, with their bottomless budgets it is easy to take that attitude.

For these guys, Taking Part is the most important thing.

Lord Drayson uses his racing to not only promote Greener Racing (his team have won the Green Challenge title at three events this year) but, during his time as a member of the UK Government, was touring schools promoting the benefits of studying engineering at an early age.

I dont know as much about the other Team Owner/Drivers that you mention, but I am sure they do it as much for having fun as they do for having a chance of winning.

But that is just my opinion, please don't let it get in the way of a good argument....