View Single Post
Old 4 Oct 2010, 16:46 (Ref:2769273)   #536
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
Oh i beg to differ Mr.E. Those of us who watch ALMS racing and actually watched The Petit Lemans where.
1. Melo bascially tried to hipcheck vilander off the road at turn 1.
2. Speed Crew tells us of the bad blood between Melo and Bruni at mosport and petit
Please give Mr.E a hand
You seem to have got me confused with Bernie Ecclestone? Easy mistake to make, I'll pick you up in my G5 and we can chat about it on the way to Japan.

Anyway, I did watch every broadcast minute of ALMS racing this year, for your information. I happen to watch Speed on mute with RLM commentary because in general it's far more illuminating and not filled with commercial breaks between and during broadcast segments. I still see nothing to suggest that Risi's biggest problem this year was driver relations. I still contend it was strategy and pitwork.

Kudos to R-L, it's fair play to mention their pitwork which has been sublime this year, when Corvette's has honestly been a little manky. ubrben, I'm pretty sure you're involved with them through their black stuff, right? I didn't mean to disparage them by not including them in my list of teams who get it right on pitlane... I really doff my cap to the strategy and pitwork of the Flying Lizards though, because they never have the option to gamble and split strategies and yet always seem to roll a hard six on their strategy and pitwork for #45. In my opinion, that is one of the chief reasons they've been so successful, and it showed at the end of PLM with the nice little jump up the field they made by avoiding the splash and dash in the final few laps.

I suppose all of this fanboyism in GT2 must please the OEMs because a loyal branding and customer base is ultimately what they are after when they compete, but I do find it a little bizarre on the forums. Honestly guys, everyone has nerfed everyone in GT2 at some point! I like the Ferrari because I think it's the prettiest car, but that doesn't mean I think Risi always does right by it. Actually I think they have managed to squander having the fastest car way too many times over the last half decade and it's starting to get more than a little silly. I have the feeling the 458 is gonna be an uggo unless the racing kit improves it, so I'm betting it's going to be time for a new prettiest car soon.