View Single Post
Old 30 Oct 2010, 18:01 (Ref:2782626)   #56
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i think berthon would be better off throwing the money at the second tech1 seat in fr3.5. he might not be able to bring it to vergne but he'll give him a good run for his money, a lot more so than he could do in gp2 AND he'd get more tracktime. no brainer.

chunty, i'd count hartley out of gp2 - i get the feeling he's going to end up being grubmuller's paid friend at p1 now he's done a few winter tests with them a la van der garde.
Yeah good point about Hartley, I suspect he will do 3.5 as you say but the drives he lined up with Coloni for the last 2 rounds of GP2 obviously weren't just to pan pan out his season, his 'team' are clearly looking at it as an option.

I guess a lot of drivers given the opportunity to take any GP2 drive over FR3.5 will take it as they would believe being on the GP support card is better than being in a possibly more competitive seat in a different series. Not to mention that GP2 is the next rung down from F1 anyway?