Old 4 Nov 2010, 19:29 (Ref:2785064)   #58
SamWaters
Rookie

England
West Sussex
SamWaters should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness2702 View Post
Then you and I are in agreement. I'm very annoyed that some people (obviously not yourself) think that people who stick to one circuit are somehow more deserving of the reward of being considered ahead me, despite the fact that I work just as hard as they do, and contribute just as much to motorsport as they do. To suggest (as some have) that somebody who works no harder than me should be chosen ahead of me, is highly offensive to me (hence my lengthy involvement in this debate).

Marshal A : 30 meetings at Circuit X
Marshal B : 30 meetings at a variety of circuits including 5 at Circuit X
Marshal C : 20 meetings at Circuit X

Marshals A and B are exactly equal.
Marshal B should be chosen ahead of not behind Marshal C for an overmanned meeting at Circuit X
Yeah completely agree with the point that people who stick to one circuit are more or less deserving than those that do more circuits.

And agree with the Marshal A B C scenario above, however another scenario:

Marshal A: 30 meetings at Circuit X, this marshal can only travel to Circuit X due to time or financial commitments etc.
Marshal B: 30 meetings at Circuit X, this marshal is able to travel to other circuits but chooses not to.
Marshal C: 30 meetings at a variety of circuits, including 5 meetings at Circuit X.
Marshal D: 20 meetings at Circuit X

Now with that scenario, i'm not saying marshal A should be given special treatment due to not being able to travel but some consideration should be given to the fact that this could be the only high profile meeting that they can attend.

Afterall those people that can travel to the other circuits (whether they decide to travel or not) can attend other high proile meetings whereas the marshal who cant travel to other circuits may only be able to attend a couple of high profile meetings a year.

So marshals in that scenario should be "selected" as Marshal A and C equal then B and then D??

As to the comment regarding those who only attend the big name circuits Glory Hunters, I dont agree with you - surely the "Glory Hunters" are those who decide to only attend the big meetings.

At the end of the day we are all equal, and all equally needed whether we can only attend the local circuit or are fortunate enough to be able to travel around the country.

Maybe for the high profile meetings all names should be sorted into grade, and lets say for example 30 trainees are to be selected then 30 trainees will be chosen at random from those names and so on for each grade?? That way none of this discussion about regular or visiting marshal attending the high profile meeting would be happening.