View Single Post
Old 9 Nov 2010, 01:20 (Ref:2787399)   #73
Feliks
Racer

Poland
Krakow
Feliks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[quote name='gruntguru' post='4676641' date='Oct 29 2010, 09:53']Read the article. This is the absolute truth and applies to any wind turbine.

It might take a while to get your head around Betz's law, but unless you do, you are not in a position to dismiss it.

EDIT. By the way, 16 MW is the TOTAL power in a 100m diameter disc in a 15 m/s wind. Any machine extracting more than that has disproved the 1st law of thermodynamics - a perpetual motion machine.

I'm not an executioner. I help people with this type of issue for a living.[/quote]

Well, that warning was fuller, that I give you that for a Venturi entrance diameter of 100 m and wind speed 15 m / s flows as much air and treatment by 230 pieces CF6 engines of Boeing.

However, one more proof that the sails are much more efficient than the windmills.
Last Polish sailing ship "Fryderyk Copin" broke the mast in the North Sea and towed to Falmouth.
http://www.fryderykchopin.pl/?id=o-z...ane-techniczne

As you can see in the data sheet, the speed of an internal combustion engine Hp Scania 538 is 9 knots.
However, a sailing speed of 16 knots. Sails area is 1,200 square meter..

Obtaining such a ship speed of 16 knots just by driving it through the internal combustion engine would involve a minimum of about 2000 Hp.

However, the speed of the ship has been on their sails, even if it sails can not be exactly perpendicular to the direction of swimming, because it would obstruct each other with the wind.
So I have to be at a high angle to the direction of flow, which also means that only part of the force obtained from the sail, pushing the ship forward.

We can assume that the pool surface that can sail power forward. That is, 600 square meters.
This ship has the speed at 12 m / s wind.

And now Let's calculate how much, under the windmill can give us an area of 600 square meters of the wheel at a speed of 12 m / s

6 About the same perpendicular usable space as the ship sails00 m / 3,14 =191 , 191 sqrt =13,8 m , 13.8 X 2 = 27 m D widmil.

About the same perpendicular usable space as the ship sails.

Well, now we calculate how much power will give us a windmill with a diameter of 27 meters and wind speed 12 m / sec.

(12 x 12 x12 x 27 x27 / 1530) 0,4 = 326 HP

As you can see from the calculations where the power produced by the windmill is several times smaller than the engine power needed to flow the speed of 16 knots. (Teoretical 2000 Hp)
So you can tell from this example that the power produced by a windmill is 6 times smaller than the power produced by the sails.
or even this theory, the 100-meter windmill has 16 megawatts of power theory is not the absolute maximum power which disposes of the wind flowing through it.
According to this calculation gave the sails to six times more, - 30 megawatts.
Yes, I recommended that slowly read the theory about the new use of the wind ...

New widmil theory

However, the perpetual motion I would be careful. Because God every day we founded the thunderstorms. You know how much there is electricity? and does not need to use either sail or wind, in order to make electricity out of nothing.
And new dixieland:

Regards Andrew