View Single Post
Old 9 Nov 2010, 04:44 (Ref:2787451)   #382
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MihokS5 View Post
3rd-you can say whatever you want but honestly all you are is an Audi hater and a Peugeot bandwagon boy. If Peugeot
dropped out next year and another manufacturer beat Audi,
you would be all over their nuts too.
Of all your "interesting" points posted earlier, I have selected this one to comment upon. I think it is kind of natural that when one brand dominated long distance racing for a longer period, you tend to favour the young upstart who wants to challenge that dominating party. It is comparable to the David /Goliath case, whereby here Peugeot is a slightly bigger David.

I guess if Audi pulled out next year, all would favour the new "factory?" team that would come up and challenge Peugeot.
And with their Vorspung durch Technik slogan, Audi his created a quite arrogant aura around themselves.
Slightly off topic example: At the pressdays of the recent Paris Motor Audi gave an impressive video presentation of their new cars. They had the CEO talking about them, of course in German, but for those who did not master the German language, they put up subtitles....in English.

Anyway, it is always difficult to argue with one sided people, who think in terms of haters and fanboys, so let's stop here, but I can tell you that the relationship between the Audi and Peugeot teams is much better than one would think on the basis of the comments of some posters here.

Coming back on TKs statement that he wore out his tyres behind Bourdais in combination with his aero problems, and that he therefore was unable to attack SS, it strikes me that him would have awaited a similar fate in case he would been able to come close to the SS car.

Again the frugality of the Peugeot allowed them not only to take less fuel on the final stop, but also attach new tyres ten laps LATER than the Audi. Apparently that made a difference.

Anyway, if either car would have won by half a minute difference, nobody would be putting these points under the magnifying glass, including the alleged Montagny's jump start. Now that it is matter of seconds, every little titbit that may have mattered will be discussed over and over again.

As far the Peugeot brake problems is concerned. I am more surprised about how they were more or less cured and not how they occurred, during the 3rd and 4rd hour of the race they were doing 1.26 laps, but was that enough to "repair" the brakes to pick up speed again and going back to the 1.23 laps? Did they change brake pads, and if so how many times?

So it is bye bye to the R15 and the 908 and I am wondering if their fights will go into history in the same way as the Ferrari/Ford fights from the mid sixties, or the Ferrari/Porsche fights from the early seventies. The 908 is a bit like the Ferrari 312PB, it won everywhere and everything except Le Mans, (and even the 908 did that once).