View Single Post
Old 4 Dec 2010, 02:19 (Ref:2799354)   #329
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I was thinking that . Pescarolo did a lot of work on his cars before he had to homologate them as pescarolo's .

But Mike , is the shape homologated ? What Im getting at is , I do understand that the basic measurements must be adhered to , +/- 5 mm . For example , if team A had a Lola Judd and team B had a Lola Honda , and wished to melt the bodywork around the installation because the engine was more compact ..... they can do that ?

Is it possible (allowed) for Toyota to change the shape of the bodywork , as long as they stay within the dimensions given ?

Cuz I fully expect to see some differant aero as time rolls on , once Toyota get their guru's on it .
On recollection I believe the shape of the car is homologated.

1.2.2 - Modifications : the specifications listed in the Homologation Form and all the aerodynamic elements of the car can be changed only by the car manufacturer and with the ACO agreement.

Frankly I don't expect Toyota to touch Rebellion's car. It's an engine supply deal.