View Single Post
Old 9 Dec 2010, 00:36 (Ref:2801761)   #7
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I think they will allow that GT3 cars to be upconverted. The R8 should be in GT1, it has the power to in real life, why not in racing? I dont like cars having less power than they have in the real world, what's the point? They are much lighter yeah, but still. Your vette ZR1 has 620hp, but in GT2 it has 490?
A Phoenix R8 GT1 wouldn't surprise me, but Audi would have to want it and it doesn't look like they do. Yet? With the number of C6.Rs going to the Dutch championship (3) or stuck in collections/museums (at least 2 I imagine) out of the total number built (10?), Ratel is going to have to patch this hole... and many others, and then someday the series might look less precarious.

In racing, there is a maximum power value people generally don't want to exceed (600-650). There is also a parity that has to be kept with smaller engined GTs in this case: Porsche can't expect much more than 500 hp from its flat-6, and torque is never going to be enough to compete with bigger engines. People have always questioned these limits (it's always possible to wish for more fuel, cubic inches, power and less weight) but in the end racing is about finding the most efficienct solution within given parameters.

Besides, a racing Vette's powertrain probably kills the road going equivalent with its torque curve/power delivery and gains seconds a lap by shifting gears massively quicker.